Alton Towers Resort today announced it is launching an exciting Season of Celebration for 2020 to mark 40 years of unforgettable shared adventures, exhilarating thrills and happy memories. For the 2020 Season, beginning on 21st March, Alton Towers will roll out its biggest ever programme of events to celebrate the power of experiencing thrilling and unforgettable adventures, spending time with friends and family, and making memories together. The calendar includes:
• 21st March: Park opening and launch of Gangsta Granny: The Ride. The thrilling new 4D ride experience will see guests join the main characters as they attempt the greatest heist in the history of the world: to steal the Crown Jewels. A whole area of the theme park will be transformed, inspired by ‘The World of David Walliams’ and will feature a host of other rides and attractions
• 4th April: The Resort will celebrate 40 years since the opening of the Corkscrew with unique opportunities and offers, details to be revealed on social media nearer the time
• May Day Bank Holiday: Families are invited to join the CBeebies Land Birthday Party (8th-10th May) celebration, including fun-packed activities, rides and attractions and a unique, special live performance with some of their favourite CBeebies Land friends!
• May Half Term: Join Ben and Granny for a Half Term Heist - a Gangsta Granny themed week of activities, challenges and competitions for all the family
• Summer: All summer celebrate Alton’s world-beating thrill rides … past and present
• Autumn: Brand new event Oktoberfest arrives at Alton Towers Resort offering families and thrill-seekers themed entertainment, delicious refreshments and selected late-night rides on selected weekends in September and October
• Halloween: the UK’s favourite event Scarefest returns with award-winning mazes, family entertainment, rides in the dark and, new for 2020, experience the Resort’s historic gardens in a whole new light (selected dates in October)
• 6th-8th November: Marvel as the Resort’s Ultimate Fireworks display celebrates 40 years of thrill-seeking with three nights of spectacular sights, wonderful whizz-bangs and serious sparkles
• December: Visit for a Santa’s Sleepover - the most magical family Christmas escape. Jump onto specially selected rides, dive into the Waterpark, tuck into a festive evening meal, and meet Santa and his Elves!
• New Year’s Eve: Alton’s Season of Celebration draws to a close in style with a Fairytale-inspired New Year’s Eve Ball
Early Ride Time
Also today, Alton Towers Resort have confirmed the Early Ride Time line-up for 2020, which has remained the same as the past few years, with the following rides & attractions available:
Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop
Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride
In The Night Garden Magical Boat Ride
Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure
Get, Set, Go! Treetop Adventure
Justin's House Pie-O-Matic Factory
Postman Pat Parcel Post
Images used belong to Alton Towers Resort.