360 Degrees Of Breathtaking Views Across London.
A remarkable feat of design and engineering, The London Eye gave London’s skyline a dramatic new addition and has been offering guests a new perspective on London ever since. Originally, it was intended as a temporary structure, able to be dismantled and transported to a new location, and had planning permission for just five years. But with millions boarding it every year, its popularity has prompted its lease to be extended. Today it is a permanent fixture on the London skyline and a beautiful symbol of modern London.
THE LASTMINUTE.COM LONDON EYE OVERVIEW
History of the London Eye
Since it officially opened to the public on March 9th 2000, twenty years ago, the London Eye has become as iconic a London landmark as Tower Bridge, Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London. In fact, it has become the UK’s most popular paid for visitor attraction. A remarkable feat of design and engineering, the London Eye gave London’s skyline a dramatic new addition and has been offering guests a new perspective on London ever since.
The London Eye River Cruise
- 40 minute cruise through the heart of the city
- Expert commentary provided by our professional and knowledge guides on board
- Audio commentary available in various languages
- If you are a Merlin Premium Passholder, remember that you can enter through the Fastrack Lane to skip the line when boarding The London Eye. This is located on the left hand side of the Main Entrance.
- If you a sightseeing around London and are planning on visiting other Merlin Attractions, such as: The London Dungeon, SeaLife London, Shreks Adventure! London or Madame Tussauds London, we highly recommend purchasing a Merlin's Magical London Pass that reduces the cost of these attractions highly if purchased in a package with the different Merlin Attractions. To learn more about this ticket, please click here.